“Wabasha Street Freedom to Marry Bridge.”
“St. Paul Public Works installing rainbow flags on the Wabasha Bridge this morning - thank you St. Paul and Mayor Coleman!”
We’re voting in all-inclusive marriage this week - Minnesota for the win!
Voter Fraud Billboard A Fraud Says Minneapolis Mayor Rybak
“Over the last six years, more than 500,000 people have voted in the City of Saint Paul. During that time, only two people have been found to commit voter fraud — one was a felon and the other was a non-U.S. citizen — but in neither case would the the Voter Photo ID amendment have stopped them from committing their crime.”
Looks like the Koch brothers superPAC money has slimed its way into Minnesota. (read more)
Minnesota congressional candidate argues that humans and dinosaurs lived together as late as the 11th century, dragons are real, wins the Republican primary.
I have the most interesting neighbors - the kind that can dismiss scientific facts and form their own realities.
Someone left a gruesome message outside a polling place one day before Minnesota’s primary election. Yesterday, a Minneapolis park employee found a dead cat that had been burned and staked to a tree stump with an American flag with an Obama/Biden 2012 lawn sign planted next to it. No arrests have been made yet, but the Secret Service and FBI are investigating the matter. This is at least the second time someone has used violence against cats to send a political message this year. In January, an Arkansas Democratic campaign manager found his child’s cat murdered and “LIBERAL” scrawled on the dead body.
The Washburn Water Tower built in 1932 for the Tangletown neighborhood in Minneapolis is 110 feet high and can hold 1.35 million gallons. I took a detour from my normal route home, just my son and I, and felt I had to show him this art deco classic. The eagles and guardians symbolize protection. Even in the scarcity of the Great Depression, the city realized the importance of investing in infrastructure to protect their future.
In the land of Michele “crazy eyes” Bachmann, there is this sect of the Christian Taliban that has chosen to picket General Mills. One of them declares, “General Mills cares more about profits than it does about kids.” Meanwhile, Research suggests same-sex couple may be betters parents.
“For decades, babies have appeared on billboards across Minnesota touting anti-abortion messages. Recently, new billboards like the one in this picture have been popping up showing images of babies promoting a new message.” (via reddit)
Haha! In my home state of Minnesota, the Republican party have mismanaged their checkbook to such a staggering degree that they found themselves over $2 million dollars in debt and were just served an eviction notice for their campaign headquarters office by their landlords…. and they want us to trust them with the state’s purse. CLASSIC!
50. We invented Oregon Trail, the popular educational video game.
43. We’re the birthplace of Zubaz.
39. We’re the birthplace of the original Zombie Pub Crawl.
37. We excel at relaxing: everyone has a cabin at the lake.
31. We’re the hipster state.
18. We really don’t give a #@$% what you think of our accents.
17. We’re home to the Walker Art Center, one of the most celebrated galleries in the world.
15. The nation’s top two independent book publishers are both in Minnesota. You can look for the 3rd best somewhere in Manhattan.
14. DIY art is part of our DNA.
3. We gave the nation two GOP candidates for president and wouldn’t vote for either of them.
2. With 11,000 lakes (we’re too modest in our state slogan), Minnesota has more shoreline than California, Hawaii and Florida combined.
1. We survive snow storms that can destroy stadiums, and unlike New Yorkers, we actually go out and shovel our neighbors’ walk instead of whining all day on Twitter.
#21 is enough. You’re welcome world.