50. We invented Oregon Trail, the popular educational video game.
43. We’re the birthplace of Zubaz.
39. We’re the birthplace of the original Zombie Pub Crawl.
37. We excel at relaxing: everyone has a cabin at the lake.
31. We’re the hipster state.
18. We really don’t give a #@$% what you think of our accents.
17. We’re home to the Walker Art Center, one of the most celebrated galleries in the world.
15. The nation’s top two independent book publishers are both in Minnesota. You can look for the 3rd best somewhere in Manhattan.
14. DIY art is part of our DNA.
3. We gave the nation two GOP candidates for president and wouldn’t vote for either of them.
2. With 11,000 lakes (we’re too modest in our state slogan), Minnesota has more shoreline than California, Hawaii and Florida combined.
1. We survive snow storms that can destroy stadiums, and unlike New Yorkers, we actually go out and shovel our neighbors’ walk instead of whining all day on Twitter.
#21 is enough. You’re welcome world.
- thinkinbrightcolors reblogged this from metromag
- juliajane likes this
- rrrick likes this
- sitasays likes this
- thebrown1 reblogged this from neighborhoodr-minneapolis and added:
- thebrown1 likes this
- sophmahgotes reblogged this from owlbungalow
- joost5 reblogged this from chrismenning and added:
- amphetaminegirl reblogged this from neighborhoodr-minneapolis
- chelsey1016 likes this
- minusmanhattan likes this
- thinkphrenetic likes this
- ratsoff likes this
- chrismenning reblogged this from metromag and added:
- neighborhoodr-minneapolis reblogged this from metromag
- stuffaboutminneapolis likes this
- metromag reblogged this from fortuitus
- fortuitus reblogged this from owlbungalow
- owlbungalow posted this